Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm not the one wearing HOCKEY PADSSSS!

What an amazing day at St.Marys! I cannot tell you how excited i was for this lab. For starters I was looking so forward to dressing up. I had an old batman t-shirt and a black sheet that I cut and made into a cape. The kids were SO into it! All of the kids were shouting at me and wanted to talk to me, it made me very calm and relaxed and i felt that i didn't even have to say anything twice because they were so excited at what i had to bring to the table. I was required to bring a book and read to them, I wasn't sure i was going to be able to read it to them because they were outside and were playing, but to my surprise they asked me to read it to them. The book i had was a little complicated so i tried my best to keep their interest by cutting some pages short and emphasized more on the pictures and explained as best i could of what was going on. As Physical Educators, we are taught to teach through the physical so after the book i made a cross over to playing a game and having them use there memory of the book to play the game. It kept them very occupied throughout the remainder of the time we were outside and they loved every minute of it. I can't wait for our next lab to have more fun!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job on your blogs and at labs keep it!!

    ReplyDelete